The apartment building was planned and built in 1954 by a local engineer together with a master builder. The building has a well-proportioned façade with ribbon windows and conically recessed balconies and may be classified as a subtly designed representative of its time.
A fall line in need of renovation suggested a comprehensive intervention in the bathrooms and kitchens. The depth of intervention was adjusted to the life cycle of the building. The main rooms are rather narrow for today's needs, the load-bearing structure is weak, the floor construction is suboptimal for today's noise requirements. The recessed balconies remained energetically problematic. Therefore, a remaining useful life of 20 to 30 years was specified for the construction.